Friday, November 21, 2008

The rest of the story on our new addition!

We arrived at the hospital at about 3:15...i felt like my contractions were already practically on top of eachother...I was dialated to a 5...ok great now when can I get the drugs????? I finally got the epidural at 5:00...best descition of my life! It was wonderful!! They checked me again and I was still dialated to a 5. Hailey was home in bed with Amy and Russell and my fam was still at home...so I called everyone and said it would be awhile and to go back to bed!! My doctor came back to check on things at 6:15 and told me to get some rest...then said "well I guess I should check you again just to see how things are going... oh you are dialated to a 9 and almost ready to push!" AHHH So called the fam and told them to hurry and actually my doc said if I didn't have a strong urge to push we could chill and give my family a head start. So while listening to Dave on th ipod speakers just chilled chattin' with our doctor for 45 minutes until we decided to get this party started! I only had to push for about 20 minutes and literally didn't feel a thing! In between contractions we would just chat! It was great! At 7:26 out came the baby and Nate announced it was a GIRL!!
Immediately I have to admit I was a little scared, because she did look a lot like Hailey and I was preparing myself for 2 children with WS...but within a few minutes I noticed her eyes were no where near as puffy and then when they weighed her she was over 7 lbs...that comforted me greatly!
The hospital pediatrician reassured me later that she didn't even have a heart murmur at all!!

After the glorious epidural!

Just after she was born Nov 17th 7:26am weighing 7.6 lbs and 19 1/2 inches long!

Our new family!

Daddy and his daughters!
On our way home from the hospital tuesday evening!

Hailey anxiously greeted us at the door when we arrived home from the hospital!
Hailey loves being an older sister! I was so scared of the whole jealousy issue, but the new addition hasn't even phased her! She always says "come here lil one!" in her high pitched voice that she picked up after noticing how everyone else spoke to the baby! She loves trying to shove the binki and bottle into her mouth...of course!

No comments: