Friday, November 21, 2008

Hailey's official diagnosis

I recieved a call from Hailey's pediatrician last nightto let me know that it would be a longer wait on the blood work for Hailey's diagnosis...she said it could take up to 2 more weeks!...I was a little disappointed, but knew that God had His perfect timing!...
Ashtyn had an apt with the same doc today just to double check and make sure she didn't have a heart murmur. I told Nate the apt wasn't that big of an apt and he didn't need to worry about being there! Luckily my mom was still staying with us and came with me!
The doctor walked in and immediately said "I got the lab results today after all..." My mom and I sat silent waiting to hear the actual words..."She did test postitive for Williams Syndrome." We both started crying. I knew it, I guess it just makes it real to actually hear it from the doctor. She gave me a packet on info on the syndrome and told me to read it when I was ready. She truly is so sweet and is going to help us with this in whatever way possible! A support group, government help...We scheduled another apt the monday after Thanksgiving to go over everything and to start setting up tests to check out Hailey's kidney's, thyroid and whatever else medically goes along with this.
Man have we had a tough year! I do admit we are definitely a little drained...but are encouraged by the love and support from those around us and know that God is in control and we are not being punished, but this is what He chose for us! He knew that we would be the right parents for Hailey and it is a priviledge to be them! We love her so much and don't know what we'd do without her! Just have to keep our thoughts focussed on today and not think of the possible struggles of the future! Thank you again for all of your prayers and support...we are so thankful for where the Lord has put us and for all the people He has placed in our lives!

No comments: