Friday, February 13, 2009

A little bit on Hailey...



Hailey saw the Geneticist today at the Children's Hospital. To be honest...I think that we left a bit more confused then when we arrived. I had a list of questions and thought I was all prepared...and basically they told us that we will not know how severe her case is until she is older. As for all of my little questions... he encouraged us to find a support group or someone further along in the journey that could mentor us. If I understood them right (which at this point am totally not sure that I did) there was a 1% chance of Hailey having WS randomly at birth. If however, Nate or I were carriers she would have had a 50% chance. We are getting blood testing done on both Nate and I to determine that information. This will help us decide if we would like to try for a 3rd or possibly adopt. Thanks again for all of your prayers and support! Glad to be done with apts concerning this for a little while! Happy Valentines Day! XOXO

No comments: